Hi Everyone! Happy Friday!
So I am pretty brutally honest with my struggles with adult acne, picking at my face, and searching for my perfect beauty products. Recently, I have FINALLY figured out what combination of products helps my skin the most, and I will tell you why they help as well!
My Skin Type:
- dry/combination skin
- acne scars
- uneven skintone
These products that I talk about really target all of these things and many more as well, so even if you don’t have the same type of skin as I do, I still recommend reading!
My Morning Routine
My morning routine is pretty simple!
When I wake up, I:
- Wash my face with the Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Spa Face Wash
I have tried SO MANY different face washes, but this is the first one that I have used that I truly feel doesn’t dehydrate my face, fights acne, ad gets rid of discoloration. Tea Tree oil is supposed to get rid of bacteria when applied to skin, so it makes sense that it works so well!
2. I take a cotton pad and put some Garnier Fructis Micellar Water on there and wipe it all over my face and neck.
I use this stuff RELIGIOUSLY. I feel like it really takes away any access stuff off of my face.
3. I moisturize with the Tula Hydrating Day and Night Cream.
Ok SO! This is THE BEST moisturizer I have EVER used. It leaves my skin moisturized all day with or without makeup on, it doesn’t leave it oily, and it doesn’t clog my pores. It is a bit pricey, but I PROMISE you if you’re looking for a seriously effective moisturizer, this is the best one I’ve found. & trust me, I’ve tried a lot of different ones. Tula also claims that since this is a probiotic item, it will also help with wrinkles and discoloration of the skin.
Onto the Nighttime Routine!
- I start off with the same Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Spa Face Wash.
2. I use the same Garnier Fructis Micellar Water .
3. THIS STEP IS NEW! I use the Estee Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment.
I will be honest, this item is the most pricey, BUT it is also the most effective. This is basically a high dose of pure retinol without it being prescription. & the benefits of retinol are:
- They stimulate the production of new skin cells.
- Help to fade dark spots resulting from photo-aging, hyperpigmentation, hormonal changes, and blemish scars.
- Renew the skin and treat acne
- Reduces appearance of fine lines
- Help with skin discoloration.
So basically every benefit that someone would want for their skin. I have used this product for about two weeks now, and I saw results after THE FIRST USE. I use a pea-sized amount every other day because it is very, very strong and you have to make sure you apply it after cleansing and before moisturizing.
4. I moisturize with the Tula Hydrating Day and Night Cream
FACE MASKS I LOVE
**All of these masks are vegan & paraben, paraffin, silicone, & mineral oil free **
Once or twice every week, I use face masks after cleansing and before the retinol and moisturizing! These are my favorite ones that I’ve used so far!
This mask is filled with A BUNCH of good things your skin needs. Its goal is to purify, revitalize, resurface, and moisturize skin. It literally heats up as it is on your skin, so you feel it working so well!
The ingredients in this mask include:
- Vitamin E: High in antioxidants, to help protect and repair the skin
- Macadamia Oil: Rich in Omega 6 essential fatty acids to help nourish, soften, and replenish the skin
- Kaolin Clay: A mild and gently clay that naturally draws out impurities, helping to recharge a sluggish skin tone, leaving your complexion clarified and glowing.
The next two are from The Body Shop & right now, they are 30% off site wide, which means these are both under $20!
This mask is supposed to:
- Moisturize, soothe and tone the skin
- Reveals a fresh-scented, dewy glow
What’s in it:
- Real rose petals
- Rose essence
- Rosehip oil
- Organic Community Trade aloe vera
**Side note: This is THE BEST smelling face mask I have ever used. Like, I sometimes use it just to be able to smell it. **
This mask is supposed to:
- Draw out impurities
- Refine the appearance of pores for healthy-looking skin with a glow that shows
- Absorb excess oil
What’s in it:
- Bamboo charcoal
- Green tea leaves
- Organic tea tree oil (can you tell I love tea tree oil?)
That’s that! If you have any comments, suggestions, or if you get or use any of these things, let me know!!
Stay curious & kind,