Hi everyone! I hope everyone in the Chicago-land area is staying warm and safe on the roads today!
SO! It has officially been one year since I launched TheBestSings! & what a journey it has been! I never thought writing my thoughts, likes, and dislikes on the internet would be so fulfilling, but it has truly been life-changing. I wanted to share a couple things that blogging and sharing on social media has taught me. For all of you out there that are scared to start something new in your lives because of fear of judgement (not just blogging, literally anything), keep reading!!
This is also for the people that have contemplated starting a blog or are thinking about becoming a social influencer! Do it! it’s amazing! Here’s your proof:
Your thoughts, words, and actions are so much more powerful than you can even imagine.
- People need a positive light in their lives. Whether that is me, you, or someone else, positivity can be hard to accept in such a negative world, but people need it. & as much as they don’t want to admit it, they also love it. They also need people that are unapoligetically themselves. People that are who they are without apologizing are the kind of people others need in their lives.
Not everyone will support you.
- Throughout this year, I have realized who my true supporters are. Blogging, Instagram, etc. isn’t for everyone. Not everyone in my life wants to know what freaking shade of lipstick I’m wearing, BUT those that want to see me succeed have been there every step of the way, liking every picture, and telling me how amazing I am. The right people will stick by you no matter what journey you choose to take.
Making people feel good makes me feel good.
- I never thought I would feel so much joy trying to make other people feel good. I am 100% the person that appreciates a compliment or words of affirmation. I have realized that giving those words make me feel just as good, if not better. Uplifing others and showing them how much potential they have is such a gift. When I get a message along the lines of “I needed this today”, it truly does warm my heart. The world needs more light. Choose to be one.
You are the only thing that can make you happy.
- The less I cared what people thought, the happier I became. Throughout most of my life, I searched for validation of others. When I started this blog, I did it for me. I did it as an outlet to express what I feel, what I like, and what I dislike. From there it became a platform that I wanted to use for good (because surprisingly, people like what I have to say) . All of these aspects combined made me so so happy. That’s why I keep doing it. Becuase I am so fulfilled with what this platform does for my life and even better, for the lives of others.
I have literally the best family and friends int he world.
- I am literally tearing up writing this part because my friends and family are the biggest and best supporters I could ask for. My family barely understands what a blog and Instagram are, but they ask how they can help. My friends don’t really follow blogs or influencers, but every chance they get, they take a picture or give me ideas or tell me how amazing it is that I am doing it. I have the best friends and family in the world.
I have become SO self-aware
- When you publicise even some of your thoughts and actions into the world for other people to see, you start to think about those thoughts and actions a lot more than not. I have realized what I stand for, what I want out of certain experiences ande even life! I have realized how much goodness I have that I never realized I had. I have realized negatives too. Like how I need to work on self-confidence more, how I need to stop comparing, etc. Overall, it has been very eye-opening internally!
I have started to live with more intention.
- With everything that I do, I feel myself asking “Why am I doing this?” “How will this benefit me?” “Will this make me happy?”. I look at this as a positive because it helps me decide to do things that I ENJOY and not things that I feel like I HAVE to do. In effect, I find myself happier and I enjoy myself so much more.
I LOVE my job.
- Music has always been my hobby. When I started teaching, it became my career and, in affect, something that I surrounded myself with SO MUCH. I found myself starting to feel like it was a burden and I NEVER wanted that to happen. I chose this career because of how much joy it brought me. When I started blogging, it added another hobby in my life. I started discovering new parts of my interests and my job became fun again since I wasn’t putting all of my attention on it. I feel like I have a good balance because of this blog.
Overall, this year I have grown more than I ever have. I hope this inspires you to start something that you were scared of before. Start taking baby-steps towards that goal. I promise it’ll be worth it!
Drink: Honey Oat Milk Latte, Pinot Noir
Song: anything Jess Glynn
Food: anything peanut butter
Book: The Help
Movie: Midnight in Paris
Makeup Product: L’oreal Age Rewind Concealer
Stay curious & kind,