Before I say anything, I want to start with this:
I do not do ANY of these things to look a certain way, I do all of these things to FEEL a certain way. So much of my life was spent comparing myself to others and, in effect, hating who I was and what I looked like, and honestly, treating my body HORRIBLY. Throughout the years, I have grown and become wiser and more accepting of my body. I am still learning and growing but doing these things right now in my life makes me FEEL powerful and beautiful, which is why I do them. I treat my body well in order to FEEL good.
This isn’t a diet I am following. This is what I choose to do with my life and how I am choosing to treat my body. There is no end-result for me other than feeling healthy and powerful.
*I REFUSE to ever have a bad relationship with food again*
ALSO! I am fully aware that I might be doing this ALL WRONG, but this is what works for me the best physically, mentally, and emotionally!
I fast almost every day, depending on my schedule or honestly if I want to (I do it because I want to, not because I feel like I HAVE to.)
Why Intermittent Fasting??
- I have realized that this is the best way for me to practice discipline (I have no self-control when it comes to food)
- I eat smaller portions
- When I’m not hungry, I genuinely don’t have the urge to snack or eat
- I drink SO MUCH MORE WATER
- I am so much more conscious of what I put into my body and how my body reacts to the food I eat.
**disclosure** Intermittent fasting was really hard for me for about 3 days. After that, my body got used to it and I instantly started feeling amazing.
When I eat
11 a.m. – 7 p.m. (Usually! Sometimes it’s a longer fast, sometimes it’s a shorter fast. All depends on how I feel!
In the morning, I have black coffee & I usually mix in some collagen into my coffee. I am a big fan of the Vital Protein Collagen.
I DRINK SO MUCH WATER until my fast is over.
The meal I have before 7 p.m. is usually filled with protein and some carbs because I want it to sustain my body until 11 a.m. the next day. I don’t want to feel hungry or like I need food until my fast is over.
What I eat
WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT. Seriously. I eat whatever I want and listen to my body and how it reacts to it.
BUT this is what a typical WEEKDAY of eating looks like for me:
- Until 11 a.m. black coffee & water
- Lunch: deli meat, half an avocado with EBTB Seasoning from TJ’s, carrots, almonds, and a yogurt (I freaking love those lime-flavored flip yogurts) LOTS OF WATER
- Snack: I munch on almonds all day. I freaking LOVE raw almonds, but sometimes I have those flavored ones too! LOTS OF WATER
- Around 4 p.m.: Some kind of protein and a veggie. Usually it’s asparagus, potatoes, and chicken or something like that LOTS OF WATER
- I usually work out around 5:30, so after I get back around 6:30, I honestly might not eat because I’m still so full or I have some more veggies and meat or honestly a freaking bowl of sugary cereal. Depends on my mood! & also, maybe a glass of wine. LOTS OF WATER
- I love cooking, and I genuinely find it fun to make healthy foods taste amazing, so when I have time I cook for that night or for the next day! I have a bunch of recipes saved, so if you’re ever in need of a tasty and healthier meal, let me know!
During the week I try to stick with this because then I don’t feel bad when I go HAM on the weekends. My definition of BALANCE 🙂
On the weekends I still try to drink as much water as possible and I still TRY to intermittent fast, but that doesn’t mean it always happens. Sometimes mama wants a steak burrito at 3 a.m. or a mcgriddle at 8am after a night of drinking. ALL ABOUT THE MOOD I’M IN.
THE BEST PART ABOUT ALL OF THIS
I NEVER feel guilty about treating myself. EVER. If I want ice cream at 3 a.m., I eat it. If I feel like only sticking to my routine, I do it. I don’t punish myself or get upset at myself for wanting to treat myself. I love love love food. & I will never let myself change that.