So I have mentioned before that I am a huge Ipsy advocate. I have been ordering bags for over a year now & continue to be impressed.
That being said, after over a year, Ipsy has really learned what I like and don’t like base don my reviews on the site, but I figured I would share them here too since these are products you can also purchase seperatley!
This month, I got 6 products since i redeemed some points for an extra item that I got to select (you earn points by reviewing products on their wesbsite).
LET’S GET STARTED
- Youth to the People Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream
What is it?
- It’s a moisturizer!
- It’s made out of kale leaf extract which is rick in vitamins C,E, and K, so it’s supposed to “nourish, brighten, protect, and soften your skin”
- also made out of spinach leaf to “help rejuvenate skin and imrpove radiance.”
- It’s supposed to look good under makeup too
- So don’t get me wrong, my DRY DRY skin LOVES moisturizers, so it loved this one! I have been using it right after I get out of the shower to lock in moisture.
- It feels nice when I first put it on, BUT after a couple minutes it feels like the moisture is gone and my skin gets dry again. So i go back to my holy-grail moisturizer CeraVe.
- It definetly makes me skin feel nourished and healthy, but I really hate having dry skin, so I don’t love it.
My overall rating: 3/5
2. Pixi by Petra LipLift Max in Honey Sheen
- 04 oz
- Formula: not sticky, smooth, actually plumps lift
- It’s made with aloe (to heal), jojoba (to moisturize), and chamomile (to soothe).
- Tingly peppermint feeling on the lips
- Lips feel very refreshed
- Packaging: cute signature pastel green
- Applicator: not my favorite. Super stiff and straight.
- Champagne gloss color.
- It’s been my go to lip gloss this past week
This brand in general:
- I don’t use it very often, but I might splurge and get another one of these LipLift Max glosses since it really is wonderful. I know it’s available at Target. I’ve used eyeshadows from this brand & I would give those a 3/5.
Overall Rating: I gave it a 5/5
3. DERMADELI Pumpkin Seed Serum
100% cruelty-free & vegan!
- 7 ml
- Ingredients: Organic extra virgin pumpkin seed oil, Pomegranate (Punica granatum) seed oil, Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (Alpha-D-Tocopherol, Vitamin E), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Xanthophyll (Lutein), Alpha Lipoic Acid [R-(+)-], Beta Carotene.
- Packaging: super nifty and easy to use.
- I have really dry skin, so beauty oils are my BFF especially during the cold months.
- This one I put on before bed and when I wake up or I mix it in with my foundation.
- It feels very smooth and sinks into skin immediately which is super effective.
- Pumpkin seed extract is supposed to help with reducing inflammation and fight acne.
- I can do a review on it later to let you know if it actually does those things after a couple weeks if you want! Let me know!
This brand in general: I have never used it, but I am very excited about it!
Overall Rating: 5/5
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Quirky
- It’s made out of natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River.
- I LOVE this blush
- My preffered shade of blush for my skin type (natural light-medium) is peach-toned. & this blush is so beautiful.
- The size of the blush is actually a very hefty amount.
- I also LOVE Tarte cosmetics, so I was very excited about this one.
- It’s also very easy to build which is very great for every person.
Overall Rating: 5/5
5. Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Leave-in mask
- it’s supposed to strengthen and moisturize the hair.
- I’ve used it only twice to be completely honest, and I was extremely impressed with it. I have pretty dry hair becasue ofmy history of coloring it, and usually when I use leave in conditoners or masks, I notice a difference, but not with this one.
- It smells good for those who are particualar smells!
- I’ll give it another chance, but for now
Overall Rating: 1/5
6. Caitè London Mini Translucent Setting Powder in Hideout
- It is super light-weight and really does keep my make-up in place for a long time!
- It also doesn’t give me any flashback!
- Ipsy says it can double as a dry-shampoo too, but I haven’t tried that yet because…..
- THERE IS SO LITTLE PRODUCT!
- So that being said, the product itself is effective and great, but because it was so small, I have to give it an
Overall Rating: 4/5
Rating of Whole Bag
The products were all that I wanted and would use, so I was very satisfied with it!
I did not like the bag itself because personally I am not a hearts person.
The products that I love, I LOVE, and the others were just mediocre, but I am not gonna lie, I will continue using becuase they are effective except for the moisturizer.
Have any questions or need recommendations? Let me know!